GUIDELINES FOR THE EARLY-CAREER PROGRAMME
- Researcher (PhD-student and/or Postdoc)/clinician (MD)/health care professional (physiotherapist, psychologist, etc.) working in the field of neuromuscular disorders
- PhD defence not longer than 5 years ago
- Provide a CV and a one-page document with the following information:
- Why is the topic of the workshop of relevance for your current and future research and/or medical practice?
- Did you discuss with one of the organisers what your role will be at the workshop and/or are you planning to do so?
- Applications should be sent to the ENMC office (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least three months prior to the workshop date.
- The ENMC Research Director, in consultation with the workshop organiser and the Managing Director, will decide on the applications to be selected.
- Applicants will be informed by the ENMC office of the outcome of their application at least two months prior to the workshop date.
- For each ENMC workshop, there will be at least two seats available for participants from the Early-Career Programme.
- The role of the Early-Career Researchers before, during and after the workshop will be discussed and agreed upon with the organiser(s).
Rules & Conditions
- The participants of the Early-Career Programme will sign a confidentiality statement at the start of the meeting.
- The maximum reimbursement for travel expenses within Europe is €300. ENMC prefers that participants take the train to the Netherlands, if the country of residence is within reasonable travel time. This is ENMC’s small contribution to reduce CO2 emissions and global warming.
- Costs for participation in the workshop is included in the Early-Career Programme (registration, hotel, dinners, local transport to workshop venue).
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance for the workshop.
- If desired, the personal contact data of the Early-Career Researchers will be included in the ENMC network (i.e. mailing list and special LinkedIn group). This will be done after the office has received a signed GDPR consent form.
- Participants will be asked to collaborate with the organiser(s) for the preparation of the workshop, have a presentation and help in writing the lay and/or full NMD report (publication) of the workshop attended.
- Early-Career Researchers are encouraged to apply on their own initiative but may also be recommended by a participating research group or institute.
For more information about the ENMC Early-Career Programme, click here.